Eco-Friendly Sustainable Window Treatments for your Home
Eco-Friendly Sustainable Window Treatments • RE-USE • RECYCLE • REDUCE = SAVE ENERGY
- Window covering manufacturers are increasingly conscious that the products they make are sourced from eco-friendly, recycled, or sustainable materials, and lowering your energy footprint.
- Hunter Douglas, Graber blinds, and Lafayette Interior Fashions all have corporate programs that address your concerns about their products – some highlights are listed below.
- The best window treatments will warm your home in winter, cool it in summer and look great too. The fact that these companies take their environmental responsibilites seriously throughout their organization is a commitment to you, their customer.
- Do you have space in your home that would benefit by energy efficient window treatments? Find out more at Windows Dressed Up.
HUNTER DOUGLAS Ι is “Hunter Green”
- Hunter Douglas is a leader in window fashions that are energy efficient, reduce greenhouse gases and save valuable energy resources.
- Hunter Douglas’s Duette honeycomb shades have air pocket cells that insulate by keeping heat out during warm days and keep heat in during cold days. Duette Architella have three air cells to reduce heat flow in your home. Silhouette window shadings, Vignette Modern Roman Shades, Luminette Privacy Sheers and Pirouette window shadings also have energy-saving features.
- Hunter Douglas, Inc. is commited to reduce their impact on the environment by reducing energy consumption 15%, water use by 40% and total carbon emissions by 20% over a three-year period. Hunter Douglas, Inc. supports the Arbor Day Foundation to replant trees lost across America.
- “Hunter Green” is their philosophy – environmental responsibilty from the products themselves to the processes that make them and to the financial commitment it takes to make it happen.
Hunter Douglas ® Duette ® Archtitella ® Vignette ® Luminette ® Pirouette ® Hunter Green ™ are registered trademarks of Hunter Douglas, Inc.
GRABER Ι is “Green by Nature”
- Graber is a leader in exceptional window treatments by combining modern style, energy efficiency,superior quality and design.
- Graber window coverings help block the sun’s UV rays to control inside temperature which leads to healthy, energy-efficient homes. Cellular shades are superior in supplying an extra layer of insulation, which keeps heat or cold from coming through windows, which will conserve energy in the summer and winter.
- Graber Natural shades are made from renewable resources like bamboo, jute, and grasses. Their blinds and shades use GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified ® materials, with low chemical and particle emissions.
- Graber uses sustainable practices to manufacture our products responsibly, so that we can all enjoy a “greener” future. Conscious of the company’s environmental impact, they recycle all metals, plastics, fabrics, paper and waste wood in our plants.
- Water is conserved through a closed-loop cooling system for plastics manufacturing. Renewable hardwoods are used for Graber blinds domestically, reducing transportation distance which saves energy.
Graber ® Green by Nature ™ are all registered trademarks of Springs Window Fashions.
LAFAYETTE INTERIOR FASHIONS Ι strives for the best
- Lafayette Interior Fashions strives to include the best “green” advancements into all Lafayette programs as they become available.
- Lafayette Interior Fashions offers materials and fabrics that resist moisture, control light, glare and help manage energy use. Many of their fabrics are certified for their energy efficiency, air quality safety and use of recycled materials.
- Lafayette’s Genesis screen shades are an excellent choice for offices and commercial buildings because they improve comfort and reduce energy costs. E Screen with KoolblackTechnology incorporates superior reflective properties into dark screen fabrics. This fabric offers many benefits: lower cooling costs, more comfortable work environments, superior view through and glare control combined with better aesthetics.
- GreenAssured®, GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®, Oeko-Tex™ 100, Confidence in Textiles, Organic Cotton and Recycled Materials.
Lafayette Interior Fashions ® Genesis ® KOOLBLACK ™ are registered trademarks of Lafayette Interior Fashions.
Visit Windows Dressed Up’s Denver Showroom to operate our shades on display. We have Hunter Douglas, Graber, Lafayette Interior Fashions & more. Test a cordless blind, blackout shades or motorized shades.Talk to a Certified Interior Designer to get more window treatment ideas. We also make custom drapes, bedding and have curtain rods and drapery hardware. Call us at 303.455.1009.
Why should I consider Custom Window Treatments?
You have a choice of what you buy and where you buy it. If your window treatment is “off the shelf”, your choices are limited. Whether you are looking at drapes, blinds, shutters or shades, what more do you get when you order custom-made instead of a big box treatment?